(Singapore) – Alright, time for dinner! Wonder what Chef Vergel has prepared for me and our baby… Wow, this time, he prepared something quite new, something he hasn't done before – which he ended up calling Chicken with Tomato and Parmesan Sauce. I usually prefer red meat or the thigh part when it comes to chicken as I find the white meat or breast part tasteless and soggy. I remember Mark and me fighting over Kentucky Fried Chicken's Original Recipe thigh part during our college days! Going back to our dinner, the Chef has really changed my taste after having this, the chicken breast was tender and very juicy! It's not tasteless at all as he used his secret ingredients – GORPS – Garlic, Olive oil, Rosemary, Pepper and Salt! It was really delicious with the tomato parmesan sauce to match! Once again, the Chef has outdone himself on this number!
Do try this out, gourmet dinner made easy!
Chicken with Tomato Parmesan Sauce
- 1 kilo chicken breast
- 100 grams parmesan cheese
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 800ml tomato sauce
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 20 grams rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Cut chicken to a “butterfly-cut”
- Marinate in olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat frying pan and seal the marinated chicken. Cook each side for 2 minutes in low heat.
- In a sauce pan, sauté onion until golden brown and add the tomato sauce.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes and add parmesan cheese.
- Put the chicken in a plate and pour the tomato parmesan sauce on the chicken.
Serve with grated parmesan